Thursday 8 May 2014

Tempt My Heart

5 powerful, emotional stars!!!

If I could describe the emotions I felt as I read Tempt My Heart by Danielle

Jamie, it would take hours, as I experienced every feeling possible. This novel

touched my heart in so many ways that I don’t know if my review will do it justice.

Is it possible that each of us just might have two soul mates? Tempt My Heart

answers this question with so much sentiment that it’s impossible not to know the

This novel begins as a series of flashbacks that provide the reader insight to

what builds up as the main focus of the plot. As a teenager, Brittan McKenna meets

Cane and sparks instantly fly. The two begin a whirlwind relationship, full of love

and firsts. After September 11th

ultimate sacrifice, leaving Brittan alone with her vices. Because of his absence, she

spirals deep in addiction and depression. Being the front woman in a well-known

band doesn’t help her addictions, as she tries to find comfort in meaningless sex and

, Cane decides to enlist in the Army. He pays the

Fast-forward eight years after Cane’s death and a stint in rehab to attempt to

put her life and career back together, Brittan finds herself dancing with a super hot

rocker. Little does she know that he is the lead guitarist for the opening act who is

about to go on tour with her band. Jordon Valentine is the epitome of the bad boy

rocker. He has the cocky arrogance that gets all the women, and he sets his sights

on Brittan the minute he sees her.

Neither one is looking for a relationship, but what they get is a connection

that can’t be left unnoticed. I love how the edgy side of Jordon and the independent

side of Brittan combine to form a lasting bond in which they both use each other to

overcome the obstacles placed before them. Danielle Jamie interweaves a plot with

dual points of view, flashbacks, and present-day scenes to tell a story that has left

me with a serious book hangover. It’s touching, steamy, and cleverly written and will not disappoint


No comments:

Post a Comment