Thursday 8 May 2014

Something like Normal

5 out of 5 stars

Something like Normal by Monica James is a story about a woman who grew up with

a drug addicted father. By the time she was 8 years old, she was delivering drugs

for her father and his drug dealer. She had a horrific upbringing and never had any

normal relationships or new what love was.

When she was 19, her father was going to force her into prostitution to make even

more money, but she refused. They got into a fight and she shot her father to save

herself and ran away.

She took a bus across the country and ended up in South Boston, Virginia. There she

changes her identity and finds a job and a place to stay.

Here with her new start, she makes some friends and falls in love. Unfortunately her

past finds her and all hell breaks loose.

At first I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started this book, but after the first

couple of chapters I was intrigued. I could not put the book down.

The end of the book totally gutted me. My heart completely broke for this poor

girl. This story showed how a girl who grew up not having any love in her life, was

taught by total strangers how to love.

This book unfortunately has a cliffhanger which is going to slowly kill me as I have

to wait, hopefully not too long, to see how it all ends.

I most definitely recommend this book to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment