Thursday 8 May 2014

Footprints by Nicky Jayne

Footprints is a beautiful love story, that's all it is !
It follows the story of Rilley who's father was killed in action at war.  It takes years for her and her mother to come to terms with his death. On the anniversary she falls for Tanner, a soldier who is also going out to war. But will she wait for him when she vowed never to put herself in her mothers shoes ?

I just found it hard to connect with the characters in this book, I didn't feel it. I couldn't feel the connection with Rilley and Tanner and there situation ! I wanted to know more about Tanners troubled past, there was mentioning about it but that's all. I was disappointed, I just thought Nicky Jayne could have gone into more depth with Tanner. There was nothing exciting about Footprints, there were no turns, no twists or shocks.

If you enjoy reading an easy love story then this is the book for you. Just didn't grab my attention.

3*

No comments:

Post a Comment